Monday, November 1, 2010

A Christmas Story

Looking back on my childhood, Christmas was always so memorable.  Of course the excitement of Santa coming was always a thrill (as it is for most children), but my favorite part of Christmas was (and still is) going to church on Christmas Eve night.  For the past 28 years me and my parents would go to Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, in Mound, Minnesota, my hometown. It still amazes me how every year the entire church becomes so full, that people have to stand against the back wall, just to listen to the gospel that night, and sing the BEAUTIFUL Christmas music!  OH how I LOVE Christmas music!  I have a horrible voice, but I can promise you on that night, I sing my heart out (consider this your warning if you are ever sitting next to me in the pew).  As a child, I remember looking at all the other little girls and seeing what pretty Christmas dresses they were wearing.  It was so fun, because in the massive crowds I would still find friends from school and I loved that they were at church celebrating Christmas with me.  Everyone who loved Christmas and loved Jesus were together, for one hour, one night and that still just makes me feel so lucky!  All in all, the warmest feeling I get during the Christmas season is that one hour on Christmas Eve.  Every year the congregation ends with "Joy to the World" and I can't wait till 364 days when I can be back!  With that being said, I'm officially ending my first Christmas blog!  I promise you more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church

Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church
Where my Christmas Eve's were spent!